Sunday, May 17, 2015

Amish Schoolhouse

Yesterday we went to an Amish auction near Hillsboro Ky. The event was to raise money for the local Amish school. It was an overcast, rainy day and we got rained on several times throughout the day, but several large tents had been erected for the event so we did not get extremely wet. Items auction off included hanging flower baskets, chickens, saddles and tack for horses including a lot of gear for haflingers and work horses, a beautiful assortment of quilts, farm equipment, and household items. A couple of the items were interesting and harder to find such as the wood cook stoves and non-electric reel mowers. We had a good time and I came home with several boxes of assorted stuff, mostly junk, that I bid a dollar for, and an old table and an old rocking chair that we have no need for and no place to put, but I just had to have. I have not gone through the boxes yet, but you never know, there may be treasures in them. 

I snapped a couple of pictures of the Amish school and a couple of the buggies. I really like the bell on top of the school.




No comments:

Post a Comment